Saturday, December 15, 2012

Masks.


Masks. They can be simple, complex, colorful, even scary. Masks can be used as part of a costume, as a way to cover, hide or disguise one's face.

There is also an invisible mask that is used as a means of concealment. People will use an invisible mask to protect themselves from harm. They will also use the invisible mask as a shield to not allow others to get too close for fear of having their true nature revealed.

I used to wear invisible masks. I kept re-wrapping or re-packaging myself. I thought that if I presented myself differently, I wouldn't be 'found out'.  I finally realized that my outside wrappers and packaging would eventually get old and start fraying. This always led to revealing what was inside of me. It's not worth always having to be on guard. There's no payoff to wearing masks. Ridding yourself of the invisible masks enables you to clearly see what is causing any misery, thus being able to deal with the issue(s).

Do you wear invisible masks? What are you hiding?

No comments:

Post a Comment