Sunday, December 30, 2012

Financial Freedom.


In the past I thought that financial freedom meant being rich. I wanted to buy whatever I wanted. I wanted to travel. I wanted to have a job earning a lot of money.

What is it about money that excites people? Is it having the money or is it about "feeling" free; to know that you can do whatever you want? Doesn't it just boil down to being happy? If I were to have all the money in the world would I be happy? Probably not. There are prisoners serving time in jail who have lots of money yet they're not happy. Then, there are individuals to consider like Martin Luther King, Jr, and Mother Teresa, who didn't have lots of money, yet they had the freedom to do what they enjoyed.

Financial freedom provides me with security. Financial freedom enables me to assist others who are in need. Seeing the joy on their faces makes me happy. The bottom line for me is knowing that I have "freedom" because I'm happy.

What does financial freedom mean to you? What steps are you willing to take to be happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment