Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions.


Well, 2012 has come and gone. When reflecting on 2012, there may be things that we wished had had a better outcome. Maybe we resolved to do better at our job, career, health, finances or at life in general. Did you make resolutions? So many of us have good intentions when making resolutions. Why do you think resolutions fall by the way side and aren't kept?

Well, it's 2013; a brand new year. We all have a chance to start the year off with a fresh outlook. I for one don't make yearly resolutions. I found that I was conning myself into thinking that 1) I had a true desire or 2) I would actually do something for an entire year.

Making resolutions require commitments.You have to have enough faith in yourself that you will stick with the plan. I've found many reasons why the resolution(s) I made were no longer applicable, desirable, or reasonable.

Instead of yearly resolutions I now make daily or weekly commitments. I may commit to eating healthy for a week @ a time as opposed to saying that I'm going to eat healthy for an entire year. It's easier to commit to a week and then extend that commitment week by week. Next thing you know your weekly commitment has turned into a year. How cool is that?

If you struggle with keeping resolutions, consider committing to shorter timeframes. It'll reduce any anxiety or stress related to lengthy resolutions and it's easier to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment