Wednesday, January 23, 2013

False Beliefs, False Concepts and False Ideas







As a child, I was always told what I could or couldn’t do.  I was told that I was a dreamer and that my dreams would never come to pass. My parents felt that they knew what was best for me. My Catholic background dictated that I honor what my parents wanted me to do. I can remember as far back as 3rd grade where I began to question why I felt “unbalanced”. I continued doing what my parents wanted/suggested well into adulthood. Although I worked at a job that provided me with stability, I was not passionate about what I did. I decided to make some changes in my life. I began to look at the beliefs that were prevalent in my life. I realized that my parents raised me based on their own belief systems (as to how they were raised), and then it hit me.  I needed to break the chains of my internal false beliefs, and build my new foundation.

How do you determine which beliefs are true and which ones are false? Breaking the cycle of false beliefs that may cause limitations takes some soul searching. One of the steps you can take is detaching yourself from anything that you know is not true. Don't mourn over beliefs that you have found to be untrue. Instead, take a look at what you learned from holding on to those untruths. Holding on to false beliefs will only contribute towards being unhappy. What do you see are the benefits of letting go of those limiting false beliefs?  How will letting go change your life? 

If you're struggling with how to let go or you are finding it difficult to change false/limiting beliefs, contact me at marguerite@livingapassionatelife.com. Let me show you how you can live a life without limitations.  

www.livingapassionatelife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment