Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Overcoming Hurdles


Have you ever had to overcome hurdles in your life? Do you handle these hurdles with ease? I remember as a child how easy it was to let things roll off of me. I could shake off someone's attitude or ignore someone's behavior. It didn't phase me in the least. As I grew older, I started taking things personally. How people treated me began to impact my behavior and attitude.

We allow others to drag us down to their levels of unhappiness.  We stumble over hurdles focusing on what we allowed to happen to us or by situations we created. We need to stop living in the hurts of the past. It's time to move on.

Thinking positively can assist in how we choose to handle hurdles. Some minor steps to overcoming hurdles are to not be insecure or easily offended; release any pre-conceived thoughts of rejection. This will go a long way towards knocking down hurdles.

No comments:

Post a Comment