Monday, January 14, 2013

Scared Spitless.



Do you remember learning how to ride a bicycle? I was about 12 years old when I learned to ride my friend's bike. I liked the feeling of sitting on a bike. I imagined feeling the cool breeze sweeping across my face as I pedaled faster and faster.

The problem was that I was afraid to move. I was scared spitless. Would I fall off the bike and hurt myself? Would I hit a parked car? Would I be paralyzed with fear?

Life can be like riding a bike. We are faced with many fears. Sometimes, we tend to beat ourselves up if we make the wrong choice or decision. We focus on how we will be perceived.  When we have these feelings of fear, it can prevent us from trying different things; taking chances or risks. This results in not been able to determine what you are capable of doing or becoming.

We're all faced with challenges. We can't let fear talk us out of learning news things. Part of growing is falling and getting back up again. That's what I did when learning to ride a bike. I fell, I scraped my knees, but, I continued to get up. I was determined to rid myself of the fear.

Trust yourself that you can break through any limitations. The day you quit being fearful will take you from being scared spitless to being able to function fearlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment